06 March 2004

blood is beading

red is the sun
im dying im fried
still messing up my life
ongoing saga
seeing weird shapes
where looks could kill
my absent mind and disconnected legs
took me somewhere uncommonly unsafe

with spikes decaying astrew askew
out there where i didn't want to go
out there where no one is
out there
beyond the social edge
under our same red sky
what disaster do those sticks predict?
can they catch my undefendable drift?
tug of bramble scratch and blood is beading
if that's all
inside outside doesn't matter
never coming never going

a divide growing with ease
between me and skyscraper skyline
keeps increasing expanding
learn solicitude and trust no beacon
wave dishonest watchtower
where foreign warnings end
lamp circles swirling observant
nameless orbit daunting

if i could go
civic silence take me back intact
i feel eyes
someone something stranger attending undetected
pay heed
no discernible sunlight any longer
passage in the black framed scarlet
i see through this visual beckon
taken straight the dormer of my mind

whirring from above
makes me numb
makes my stomach open up
and dump the contents
looking down on bosket
made it here
my harrowing mistake
drowning in dry grass
lacerations arms and legs
clawed by barbed barly

if i could go
if i could be somehow spared
granted to return to urban apathy
to my midtown alienation
this present torment
choking trouble grip
this panging anguish to all senses
would soon become amnesia to me 

this mouse dystopia