02 March 2005

chaotic intercity orchestras

beautiful is out here still frozen to the rail
beauty falling in slippy sheets mixed with ashy city mud
pulled upwards from the motor wheels and ground into the street
im still looking fruitless my double cover slung
another wonder
i need to fall in love again a person or a vision
stricken the need to leave this prickly tunnel living
open up my doomed human senses

i get out at night - out midnight plus - midwinter
wandering hot palm tree streets in snowboots and a cowboy vest
this city is the wild west im slipping on my side
sliding - what? in ego blood? one sidewalk to the next

at my fridge home in a teacup saucer psychedelic breakfast
in my room where all my sight comes filtered through the acid light
i watched too much TV got to know its personality
listened too much radio got duped and wrote its worthless notes

peach time was well-spent thanks to satanic placement
when i could be successful in my restless
when i received the peach globe in my space and felt kahuna
i could control the surf inside my mind by board
when my keen-edged soul was being fed
undetermined yet to waste the songs we sang

the songs we sung - before the music turned on me
the songs that struck my open nerves - how i got stuck inside the surf

but that was before the chemical haze the cowboy life
we did not know the chemical snow that sprinkles down right now
stomped below the overhaul they smile - approval of the people
and many people hovering in waffle window buildings
beautiful where! wondering where! the showpiece chills
my map chaotic like my diet - like my masterwork enduring limbo

im not afraid at night or in the day im jittery - just playing off the audience
being alone with the globe ive been used to it before
falling every jagged edge stumbling into slushy sludge
eating greasy food and drinking liquor swimming eggs and cheeseburgers
incense against nicotine miasma so thick - obscuring the signals
dragged me to leave it locked and walk out here writhing between bus lines
i became we - me and this list - fifteen tabs i must locate and meet

this is a little trick i learned in serfhood - ask for acid from anyone
and make lots of observations scraped together with what little ego left
did it to appease my ego took away my ego
i did it for myself - beat it down into a ball and left it set on a frosty bench

as long as they convincing beep the drive-by steering wheel
yell and throw an empty can at me as they pass
my performance in a greenhouse casting roses
as long as there are lots of different footprints booted snow and filling land
the artifacts of end-times life they sow against gutter piling
styro souls accumulating - throw those at me too - and rotten fruit
i walk right into what they throw and use their drops as props for my show
any day ill take a hit - its energy that pokes and sticks in corners
i have to walk to get away from it but legs come up and i keep tripping
trip and come up covered in something - could be beautiful

oh no its septaemia - music living in my plasma
the music i banned from my ears since it stalked my waking hypno
or maybe its mechanical a car stereo - down the town and out of see
an upfloor window cracked with pot smoke pouring out - the opera house
standing at my nadir hearing classical arrangements AM radio familiar
the educated best on strings somewhere
four forty dusk downtown with a needle rolled into the cracks uncapped
ghost players open play their practice - they each have their motivations
that i can tap into coexist with - to them it is their daily way of living
everyday - just like dirty snow - it happens and its beautiful

this mouse dystopia